Atlantic Long Track Camp
January 2-5, 2014
Halifax Emera Oval
Back for a second season the Atlantic Long Track Camp offers introduction to skating and training on a long track Oval for skaters and coaches.
Training will take place on both the Halifax Emera Oval and the Canada Games Centre. The Halifax Emera Oval is located on the Halifax Common off of Cogswell Street. The Canada Games Centre is located at 26 Thomas Raddall Drive.
Programs are available for Competitive, Developmental, and Recreational skaters.
- Competitive Program: for skaters eligible for the 2015 Canada Winter Games and/or those who compete at national competitions. 7 hours of ice programs plus dryland, yoga, class sessions, lunches, and racing. $90.00
- Development Program: for skaters of all ages and stages. 4.5 hours of ice programs plus dryland, yoga, class sessions, lunches, and racing. $75.00
- Recreational Program: for skater of all ages and stages. 4.5 hours of ice programs plus yoga, and racing. $20.00
The camp will conclude with racing on Sunday. Skaters will be placed into at least 2 developmentally appropriate mass start and/or Olympic Style speed skating races. Skaters not participating in the camp may register for the races.
Introduction to Competition coaching modules Analyze Performance and Tactics will be offered for interested coaches and skaters. $25.00 / module
Please submit club/provincial registration list to ALTP by noon Friday December 20th.
Please remit club/provincial payment, payable to CSCA, at the camp on Friday January 3rd.
- Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
- 1515 South Park Street (at Spring Garden Road)
- A four star historic property located across from the Public Gardens in the heart of Halifax.
- A 5-10 min walk to the Halifax Oval.
- Quote “Atlantic Long Track” for $105 per night rate.
- Reservations: 1-800-565-2020 or ask(at)lordnelsonhotel.com.